Who We Are:
Octet Scientific, Inc. is an early-stage startup in Cleveland, Ohio that is working to transform the future of energy storage. We are developing specialty chemicals for new batteries that are safe, economical, and sustainable in markets from small medical wearables and IoT to huge grid-scale storage for renewable energy. Our patent-pending MVP is being tested in the field, we are gaining traction with our first customers and ready to scale up. To learn more about us, visit www.octetsci.com.
Who We Need:
Octet Scientific, Inc. has a unique opportunity for a talented and driven electrochemist interested in redefining energy storage, driving renewable power, and helping save the planet all while building an innovative new company from the ground up. We need someone to head our electrochemical testing and product validation as we take the next steps to establish ourselves as the industry leader in new battery electrolyte additives. This person will oversee all company electrochemical testing, data, and personnel, and will interface on technical levels with our customers’ battery scientists.
Primary Job duties:
• Design experiments for battery electrolyte testing and product validation
• Oversee electrochemistry lab personnel (1-3 people so far) and activities
• Manage all critical data and analysis
• Communicate technical results and needs with/from customers
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in electrochemistry or similar field experience
• Strong familiarity with battery design and testing
• Ability to work within all necessary laboratory safety protocols
• Self-driven, motivated individual with good teamwork skills
• Good communication and management skills