The Senior Finance Manager is an Exempt/Full-Time position responsible for developing and following objectives and goals for the financial operations of the company. Create and maintain financial statements and records. Oversee support finance personnel as needed.
● Develops and follows objectives and goals for the financial operations of the company.
● Prepares (and periodically update) budgets and financial and market model projections.
● Prepares periodic reporting for the Board, Investors and others, as required.
● Develops and maintains financial statements and records.
● Manages accurate reconciliation of financial records and bank statements.
● Prepares and tracks quotes, POs and invoices for customers.
● Manages account payable and account receivables activities.
● Monitors and manages credit card payments and invoice payments.
● Manages banking relationships.
● Monitors and manages expenses vs budget for the company.
● Processes and pay invoices and expense reports for vendors, contractors and staff.
● Maintains proper records for NIH and other grants complying with their requirements.
● Maintains and monitors the payroll system for employees.
● Maintains expenses records as required by the Sunshine Act.
● Acts as liaison between the company and accounting firm and tax advisors.
● Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field required, MBA or relevant Master’s degree preferred.
● 8+ years of related experience
● Background work in finance
● Budget development and management work
● Experience in bill payment, bookkeeping and managing payroll
● Exceptional written and oral communication skills
● Excellent research, analytical and IT skills,
● Highly proficient in the use of modern technology tools
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Time management skills with the solid ability to meet deadlines and priorities
● Ability to work independently as well as in a team
● Creativity and problem-solving aptitude
Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment. Essential functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally bend, kneel and reach; to lift, carry, push/pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment that may require fine motor coordination (i.e., use of a keyboard). Reasonable accommodations may be made when an employee has a qualified disability but can still perform the essential functions of the job (without creating an undue hardship).
Centerline Biomedical is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions, and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Centerline Biomedical will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Centerline Biomedical does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.